Thursday, January 07, 2016

Christmas Light Take Down

I've really been trying to get out on the front porch at night and take down the Christmas lights. But I can't seem to muster the energy to actually do it.

I'm attributing it more to laziness than stamina issues. I'm really going to try and get it done tonight. It would be a good night to do it. It will be a relatively warm night. It should not be snowy or rainy. There really is no good excuse to not get it done.

I'll include pictures of my progress later on in this post. Pictures that might indicate I got the job done. Tonight!

               *Note: No Pictures!*

I usually have my lights down long before this. I'm not a fan of Christmas lights being on too late OR too early.

I believe your Thanksgiving Lighting display should be quite cold by the time Christmas goes up.

Next you gotta get the Christmas Lights down as soon after New Years to get your M.L.K. lights up.

Then, once that Observance is over, it's time to get your Valentine Display up and going no later than the following weekend. That way, the public has a good three weeks to enjoy the flashing hearts and cupids.

And don't even get me started on my President's Day Spectacle.

No comments: