Monday, November 16, 2015

The Joy of Home Ownership

Another weekend in the books where we did not work on the bathroom. We need to get the tile ordered so we can proceed to the next step of getting the tile in place. 

I also have just a little more work to do in the dry walling department. Actually, the cement boarding department.

We did do some work around the house this weekend. Susan ran the vacuum most of Saturday. She worked it so hard she wore one of the wheels right off the power brush unit. I worked last night to re-attach the wheel with some JB Weld (the Handyman's friend) but to no avail. The knob that holds the wheel in place does not have a clean break. It will not fit back onto the structure from which it broke away. This Hoover vacuum is about four years old and it really has been a piece of shit.

I finally got all the leaves off the ground. At least, all the leaves that I'm going to worry about before the snow flies. 

I got them packed into garbage bags that I will be adding to my garbage can over the next several weeks. I think I filled eight or nine bags. I don't think I'll be adding anything this week because I already emptied the grass catcher from the mower...from about a month ago.

The next project I need to get moving on is putting the rain barrels away for the winter. I know I don't want them attached to the down spout all winter. I'm sure they would crack if they freeze. 

I tried to get to them yesterday but just couldn't make it happen. Perhaps it's because I'm too lazy. Perhaps it's because I just wasn't motivated enough.  Or perhaps you should just mind your own business!

No comments: