Friday, November 20, 2015

Spoiled by Lectrik

Our power came on just in time. It was 18 degrees when I left the house this morning. Susan is still unable to go to work because there is no 'lectricity at her office. So she is again enjoying a day off but, today she can enjoy it in the comfort of a house with 'lectricity. That's new!

However, if the power had not come back on, it would have been a very long, cold miserable night. We were okay with the fireplace going but we have to assess what we need for the next time this happens.

Thinking about our future kitchen remodel, I have been vacillating between whether our cook-top for the kitchen should be an infrared electric set up or gas. This little crisis solved that problem for me very quickly. Gas still works when the power is out.

I also think we need to get a generator. It doesn't need to be fancy or elaborate. But it does need to be quality. I would only use it to run the fan for the fireplace and a light or two. It would also be nice to be able to power the fridge or freezer...at least part time.

Other than that, I think we weathered the situation pretty well. Everything in the freezer seems to be okay. I ate eggs out of the fridge this morning and I'm not feeling sick...yet!

I will be checking out the house more thoroughly this weekend for damage. There are a lot of shingles that got blown off the house and we will probably have to re-roof within a few years.

I Love being the owner of a money pit!

No comments: