Saturday, October 10, 2015

Raking Leaves, Dry Walling Ceilings and Fizzy Wine

8:18AM: I have a busy day planned with the main goal being dry walling the bathroom. I learned last night from my telephone answering device machine that Phil, Master Dry Walling Guy, will be late getting to me today. We had planned to meet at 10, but he has another job to finish this morning.

I will not allow that minor setback to affect me as I have plenty of small tasks to keep me busy until the arrival of Master Dry Waller Phil.

Let's start with some nature observations.
I took this picture last week. Almost exactly a week ago. As you can see, Autumn is here. It has been a nice week since I took this picture. It has not been terribly cool and it rained pretty good on Wednesday.
This is the same tree this morning, just moments ago, in fact. It has dropped its whole load.
All over our yard! Well, there's one of the projects I may get to today.

But first, I have to get the deck cleaned up.

10:20AM: Not much time for chatting. I'll let my pitchers do the talkin'!

They say we can expect a visit from Mariah this afternoon so I have to get back out there and bag them thar leaves afore she blows them all to my neighbors yard. If you don't know about Mariah, I suggest you watch the classic Clint Eastwood film, "Paint Your Wagon" and get an education concerning what we call the rain, the wind and the fire out here.

11:58AM: Do you want to know what kind of genius I am? 

Of course you do! Because you'll want to employ this idea for yourself.

Once you have your leaves all piled up, make use of your other power equipment and mow up that pile of leaves. It not only bags them for you, but it shreds them so you can maximize your space.

I don't think it is going too far to say I'm an effing genius. AND the laziest man on the face of the planet!

In any event, I am pleased to have beaten the wind and the rain and gotten the yard presentable. It will look like hell again in the morning.

1:56PM: I am waiting for Phil to show. I could easily take a nap while I wait but I might not get up again.

6:53PM: Phil finally made it over about three and we got the ceiling dry walled. It only took us about two hours. I didn't bother renting a lift because it's such a small room but we sure did struggle with those first two full size sheets. I couldn't hit a 2x4 to save my life.

Tomorrow we start on the walls.

In the meantime, our latest wine is churning and bubbling. I punched the cap earlier and the juice that was in there was foaming. It ended up pushing the cap up and expanding it, lifting the lid just barely off the rim. Now the kitchen is loaded with tiny little fruit flies.

No comments: