Sunday, August 02, 2015

Lots of Weekend

 There have been some fires in the area and that has created very hazy conditions here in Spokaloo. Above is a picture of the sun yesterday afternoon...around 5. The picture doesn't do it justice. The sun was orange red and a bright burning globe in the haze.
 We have had what we are calling a successful weekend of work around the house. Susan has been on the front porch sanding and scraping and caulking the ceiling of the porch. It has turned into a much bigger job than originally anticipated.
On top of all the sanding, she is filling in the gaps and cracks with caulk. I think her neck is very sore.

My work continues in the bathroom. I spent Saturday laying shims along all the joists in order to bring the floor level. It's off by as much as an inch and a half.

Today I started laying the sub floor and got two pieces down.

To me, this is major and a long time coming. I'm hoping to have the floor fully in place by next weekend.

No comments: