Friday, August 21, 2015

Left Behind

We hit the road shortly before 8 AM and we were on our way. We started listening to a new audio book called "The Goldfinch". This book is almost as long as the one we just finished. We won't get to the end of it before we reach Spokane.

I have a tradition of leaving something behind whenever we stay with Phil and Margaret. We discussed it prior to leaving and I felt assured that I had everything. I even made a final sweep through the house. 

Towards the end of our driving day, I figured out what it was a I left behind. My charging cord for the i-Pod.

That meant we would probably not be able to hear the book the next day. Which turned out to be the case.

We drove about 700 miles and made our goal of Sheridan, Wyoming after about 12 hours of driving. We checked in to the Super 8 and unloaded our cargo. We had the joy and thrill of a KING SIZED BED. 

We then went in search of a nice little Sheridan bar and grill to have some dinner. We were looking for a bar the GPS suggested when we came upon the Wyoming Rib and Chop House. It looked just right and it was. 

It's amazing how much long drives take out of you. We were pretty tired.  I can't imagine crossing the prairie in a covered wagon and making maybe 12 miles a day.

I'm sure I would have been dead shortly after leaving St Louis.

No comments: