Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hardy Backer

We are back in remodeling mode. A guy I know from church is coming this week to install the heated floor in the bathroom. I still need to bring the floor level up so it matches the floor height in the hallway. To do this, I am installing quarter inch cement board (Hardy Backer) over the plywood sub-floor. This brings the level up and provides a great surface for tile adhesion...or in this case, heated floor adhesion topped by self leveling compound.

I have purchased special screws for the Hardy Backer. I'm screwing into the joists but also into the plywood.

As you can see from the picture, this floor isn't going anywhere. I've put down three pieces of Hardy Backer and used 200 screws.

It's been cloudy all day and the wind has been blowing off and on for while. It has been threatening to rain but nothing substantial has fallen.
We did have one three minute burst of rain and that little bit did seem to clean the sky. But then the wind came up and everything got hazy again. The picture above was taken right after the rain fell. It was the first and only time I saw blue sky in days.

No comments: