Saturday, August 15, 2015

Des Moines Farmers Market

Today was the best day of vacation so far. 

We started the day...well, it looked like this.
We drove downtown to the Des Moines Saturday Morning Farmer's Market. It seemed as though everyone who was at the fair yesterday followed us to the Farmer's Market today. The things extends for blocks and there are thousands attending.


They have crappy old pianos out on the streets all over town. This piano actually made me sound good.

After the street fair and lunch, I got the afternoon off. Susan and Margaret went off shopping at Antique Malls, and I stayed at the house and vegged. I read a little, I watched some TV, I napped!

It was great!

We all went out to a little wine bar that had this automatic wine dispenser so you could taste a variety of wines or just buy a glass of something you liked.

Then we stopped at a place called Eatery A for a light snack. Susan and I shared a small pizza.

The evening concluded back at Rancho Stoffreagen where we watched "Revenge of the Invisible Man".


No comments: