Monday, July 13, 2015

Back on the World Wide InterWeb

I am sitting at the kitchen table and typing away on my new laptop. The old tower succumbed to the ravages of time, being somewhere around eight years old and died on me. The guy at the place where I took it said the hard drive was barely hanging on and ready to fail.

They were able to retrieve all my old data and move it here. So $600.00 later, I'm back, baby!

I had a very successful weekend of work in the bathroom. I accomplished my goals and a little bit more.

I got the electrical mostly roughed in and figured where everything will be going. The blue boxes are the spots where lights, switches or receptacles will go.
I also got a new power line laid from the box to the bathroom that will provide power for the heated floor. We ran an additional line because I think I'm going to add a ceramic wall heater as well. Back up, ya know!

The really smart thing we did was to pull a string through the difficult area of the wire run in order to more easily access the area if we ever want to run another line for something. What, I don't know. Perhaps a gymnasium or a flux capacitor. The point is that if we want to run another line, we can do it easily.

When I say we, I mean Jerry and I. jerry is my Electrical Expert. I run the wire and he does all the important work at the box.

On Sunday, goal was to remove the door and fill the hole.

Once again, mission accomplished. I am so awesome! That is generally the type of thing I write just before a disaster happens.

I think I shall humble myself by stating I still have a looooooong way to go and lots of possibilities to electrocute, lacerate or maim myself.
Here's an idea of the shower placement. Wow! It doesn't look very big in that picture. The shower enclosure is 38 inches on either side. It's not as large as our upstairs shower but who cares. If you need more room to shower, you go upstairs.

Susan accomplished some stuff this weekend as well. Her project was to try and waterproof the upstairs balcony. We have had some issues with water dripping onto the front porch and we know it is coming from the balcony. She is applying some rubber baseboard around "the balc" in the hopes that the water will stay up there until it evaporates or enters the food chain.

We haven't really had an issue with the leaking until recently so we think our caulking has shrunk and pulled away from the seams. It's been about seven or eight years since the balcony went in.

She is having some issues with the Liquid Nails she is using. It doesn't appear to want to stick to the siding. We'll get this project done and then keep an eye on it.

No comments: