Sunday, June 28, 2015

Solstice 2015

I made a conscience effort prior to the start of the party to remember to pull out the camera and snap some pictures.
This was the best picture I got.

I also got a good shot of the food.
But that was about it. I basically forgot to take pictures.

For the few who showed up, there was great food and cold cold beer. I don't blame anyone who stayed away. It was HOT! And I'm sure that is why we had such a low turn out. The other alternative is that we are not that popular and I just don't see that.

I am not complaining. We had a party and people came. I don't think we had more than 30 people. That's more beer for me.

We went through almost all of my 5 gallons of homebrew, a lovely clone of Alaskan Amber. And everyone who showed up got to see the bathroom in transition.

The official, record breaking high temperature for the day was 102. It was about 89 when we went to bed at 1AM.

Susan and I are both glad it is over.

I used my time machine to go ahead a day and snatch tomorrow's headline, which I think is an appropriate legacy with which to remember this weekend.
The paper is reporting that the official temperature for today was 105, the hottest recorded at the airport since August 4th, 1961.
That is also the temperature I recorded on the deck, in the shade, just a little bit ago.

No comments: