Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Plumbing Accomplished.

I was told the Plumbers would arrive between 8:30 and 9:00. At 9:35, I called and was told they are on their way.

I got them set up and left them to do their work when they arrived at 9:50. Rick said he expected to be finished by 3.

I drove up at 5:30 and there were two Plumbers trucks in the driveway. "This doesn't bode well.", I thought to myself.

I went back to see what was going on and there were three guys working away. It had not gone as well as Rick expected.

The drain for the toilet went surprisingly easy, I guess. Above is a picture of the old drain line and the new one.

The problem they ran into concerned the joists on the southern third of the floor...the newest section of the floor. The half inch plywood that had been the floor was supported by a ridge shelf all the way around the floor area and two 2x6's. A 2x6 does not meet code for a floor and it's even less supportive when one drills a 4 inch hole through the board.

So Rick bought some 2x8's to sister to the 2x6's. That seemed to do the job, but of course, added a lot of time to the job.

They finally got out of there a little before eight.

No comments: