Sunday, June 14, 2015

Count Down to Plumbers

The Plumbers will be here on Wednesday so the bathroom must be ready for them.

I believe I achieved bathroom preparedness today.

I'm trying to figure out the provenance of what went on in this space. I know that the wall we took down was originally an outside wall. At some point, an addition was added that extended the bottom of the stairwell and made the kitchen larger.

But there are three different sub floors in the space. The north third of the floor is the expected sub floor of rough cut planks laid down with a little space in between them.

The southern third is 3/4 inch plywood over 2x6 joists that are not placed according to code.

The weird part is the middle third. It is tongue and groove planking painted green that was probably a very small narrow porch floor at some point.

I don't think I'm ever going to know what has gone on in this space.
I can only talk about what is going to occur in this space. That story will continue on Wednesday.

No comments: