Sunday, April 19, 2015

Preppin' for Summer

I have been waiting for a nice warm day so I could hose down the front porch. It was dusty and dirty and stained with paint from when I decorated our front windows for Christmas. Saturday was that day. The weather was gorgeous and I was available...two items that have not been able to align. So I broke out the hose, the super fireman strength spray nozzle, and a scrub brush.

The windows were a mess. I was scrubbing and scratching and rubbing and wiping and finally ordering Susan to never allow me to paint the windows again. Fortunately, she agreed with me.

Anyway, it took some doing, just like everything does with us, but the porch is ready for Summer.
Sunday's Project: We have needed to get paint on our deck railing for two years. We missed our opportunity to paint last year because the hops and grape vines had gotten to big and lush.

So last Fall, after the hops and grape harvest, we got out there on a fairly nice day and primed the deck. Not the whole think, but the areas that needed attention.
Time is running out to paint because the hops have already taken off. You can actually watch them grow. I guarantee that the vine you see below will be to the top of the railing by tomorrow.
The great weather carried through from yesterday so it was perfect for us to get out there.

The work went surprisingly fast and it really made a difference. There are a couple of spots that will probably need additional attention by Autumn but we are ready for Summer on the deck as well.
We concluded the day with a short walk to a local restaurant for some spaghetti and wine and all the bread we could eat.

No comments: