Saturday, March 07, 2015

The Birthday!

This is the scene that greeted us high atop Lookout Pass at 4,700 feet. It was a great big giant sunny day at 50 degrees and more the whole time we were there. The snow looks good in this picture, and for the most part it was. But we also saw a lot of this.
This was shot at the very bottom of Chair Two, on the Montana side of Lookout.

Susan and I slept in a bit an then went to breakfast at our favorite breakfast place in Wallace. We got up to the mountain right about 10:30.

When we got to the top, we ran into a co-worker of mine, Don. He was skiing the morning at Lookout on his way to visit his Mom in Hamilton, Mt for the weekend.

I would say it was an excellent day of skiing. It was Spring skiing at its best and you had to keep an eye out, especially towards the bottom. It was made even better considering my health issues of late. I did fine. I had to pause walking from the car to the lodge and when the day was over and we had 7 runs in the bag, I was tired.

Then it was back down the mountain for a nap, followed by a nice dinner at the Fainting Goat Wine Bar and then a couple of beers at the 1313 club to watch the Bulldogs of Gonzaga defeat the University of San Francisco GayBoyz in the WCC Tourney.

An excellent day!

I almost forgot to mention my last birthday gift. Again, something I mentioned ages ago and Susan took note of.

I wanted a water pick that I could use in the shower. I had been told by my Dentist or one of his Hygienists that there was one you could take into the shower.

Susan looked a round but was only able to find this.
I have not installed it yet so I cannot give it a review. However, it looks like it should work. The trick is going to be adding an extension to a shower that already has an extension.

No comments: