Thursday, January 01, 2015

WELCOME TO TWENTY FIFTEEN

Happy New Year!

We are enjoying the day by doing nothing. At least, that is what we have accomplished as I write at 12:43 PM. We are heading for the hot tub, which will test our mettle with the temperature at 24 degrees.

Later we are off on a journey of discovery for our friend Mike of Arabia. He found a listing for a house for sale on Craigslist and wants us to check it out. They are supposedly having an open house today starting at 3. 

So that's our big adventurous plans for the day.

6:00 PM: Well, that was bust! As far as trying to find this place, it's a ghost property. The main problem I had was the CraigsList posting did not offer an address, and when I went back to it today to try and nail that down, the post had been removed by the author. 

I knew the general area of the property as they had shown a map. So we drove out, possibly hoping they would put out an "Open House" sign that would help us to locate it.

That was just simply not to be. Perhaps they found a buyer already. I don't know. I just know that Mike will not be buying this place.

To be fair to Mike, he told me he wasn't in a position to be buying a place yet. But, I thought it would be a nice outing for us and if nothing else, it would get us out of the house.

As it is in most situations, we ended up at the Hub and had a couple of pitchers and watched Oregon decimate Floriduh State in the Rose Bowl.

No comments: