Sunday, January 25, 2015

Proof of Global Warming, or Climate Change, or Just a Warm Day

Perhaps I can maintain some semblance of a routine if I can manage to post every Sunday-ish. I'll try that.

It is January 25th and nearly sixty degrees outside. It's been a very nice day for goofing around in the yard and accomplishing some minor accomplishments.

My main reason for posting today is to announce my entrance into the Grandfather of the Year Competition. My reason for my entry is because I have finally started to establish a relationship with my grandson, Alex...who is thirteen.

I have no excuse for not being a part of his life up until now. One might suggest that one is a scumbag for neglecting one's grandson for so long. I, for one, could not offer a good rebuttal. 

Nonetheless, a relationship has been established and we move on from there.

I picked up Alex yesterday and spent the day with him. He helped me with some clean up in the yard and the subsequent trip to the dump to relieve ourselves of the clean up. Then we had a nice lunch at Domini's. 

After a quiet afternoon of hanging out at the house, we went to the Spokane Chiefs Hockey game. They lost to the Tri-City Americans, one to nuthin!

My future plans include teaching Alex to ski. I am hoping that will happen in about two weeks.

On the other hand of the Grandfather thang, we had planned to attend a birthday party for my step son Rob's son, Lucas. He turns one today but is suffering from the flu, so the gathering got canceled.

Since no trip to the valley was required, that allowed me to hang about the house today and do some jobs in the out of doors, as I mentioned earlier. It was uncharacteristically warm, which empirically proves Global Climate Change is true.

No comments: