Sunday, December 07, 2014

Where Have All the Hillbilly's Gone?

Today's painting job was at the Hub Tavern. We do trade out with them for beer. It only took us a couple of hours and now we have pitchers and pitchers of beer at our disposal.

We have two sky walks left and one storefront. We were hoping to have everything completed by Tuesday but that's not going to happen.

Susan had to work a hockey game this afternoon so we got the painting finished early.

After we got home, I decided to help my Hillbilly with some clean up. So I borrowed Mark's truck and took a load of debris to the dump.

I got home and kicked around for a while. I had all sorts of little odds and ends to attend to. I took some time cutting up the remaining turkey we still had on the carcass. It seemed like a good thing to have for dinner. 

As I was cutting, I suddenly heard a chain saw fire up. It was Hillbilly Martin at 7 PM, up the tree and cutting away. I told him it was 7:00 on a Sunday night. He said he had three quick cuts to make and then he would be finished.

Forty-five minutes later, he disappeared. Twenty minutes after that, he was back. By now it was 8:30 and he was getting ready to fire up the chain saw again. I pointed out the time on a Sunday night and he somehow got it through his head that city folk don't work out side through the night.

No comments: