Friday, December 26, 2014

Post Christmas Report

It is the day after Christmas and all through the house, I'm not doing anything, cuz I am quite soused. No not really. I just couldn't make a rhyme work with grouse, louse or prouse, which is not really a word.

I guess I need to update since I haven't posted in nearly two weeks. It's the Holiday season and therefore, I got me better things to do than sit here and type. But for now, you got me.

As predicted, Martin the Hillbilly Tree Remover has turned into the Martin Remover. I have not seen him for two weeks and don't expect to.

I have a sizable stump in the back yard but what remains should be fairly easy and inexpensive to remove.

It will be interesting to see what happens this coming summer when the tree is no longer there to provide a substantial amount of shade for the house. 

Susan is working today which means I am free to hang out and do nothing. And yet, I'm accomplishing some small tasks. I cleaned out the fireplace. I've done some laundry. I've watched a lot of TV. There is an "NCIS" marathon going on the USA Network, and even though I have seen every episode at least 37 times, I still love it. 

Speaking of the TV, we have managed to see all our favorite holiday classics this year. We saw "It's a Wonderful Life", Hoe the Grinch Stole Christmas", the cartoon, not the movie, "A Christmas Story", "A Charlie Brown Christmas", and "A Christmas Carol". For me the good one is from 1952 with Alister Sims. 

We spent our Christmas Eve at the Annual Jensen Family Christmas Eve dinner. There were 34 of us this year. Susan and I are honorary members of the Jensen clan through marriage and a 20 year span of living next door.

On Christmas morning, we were up at se7en to get dressed and get to church to help with Meals on Wheels. Our church combined with a couple of others to take up the holiday slack. We helped prepare and dish out the meals, get them boxed up and then we delivered. We had a route with 5 stops and they were all pretty close. All together, we delivered 350 meals.

We got home around 1:00 and went straight to work on opening the presents we had. All in all, we did okay for people who don't really need anything.

Christmas night we went to our friends Randy and Karen for a fabulous dinner. We only had to bring wine and some Dilly Beans, which was great. No effort put forward on our part at all.

That's my kind of dinner!

So Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyous Hanukkah and a change of mind set to all you Devil Worshipers.


No comments: