Sunday, June 22, 2014

S.S.U.'s

It's getting serious now. We are a week away from our Annual Solstice Party. I'm not sure "Annual" is appropriate since we didn't have the party last year.

In any event, we are having it this year, even though it's a week late. It just wasn't going to happen otherwise.

So the pressure is on to get this house and the accompanying grounds up to a state of party readiness. This gauge is measured in Susan Stress Units. So far, we are in pretty good shape with the S.S.U.'s at about 6. Anything above 8 S.S.U.'s is bad for me. That's when I am at my most stupid.

Saturday was a lost day for Susan because she had to work her catering job in the afternoon. She puttered around, did a little more varnishing on the armour, and some cleaning.

As for me, I'm not sure what I did. I think I puttered mostly. I did a little cleaning as well. Oh...I just remembered. I did a massive cleaning of the upstairs balcony. I went so far as to be on my knees with a scrub brush cleaning the tile.

Today was where the cleaning got serious. Susan broke out the vacuum and went to town. I worked in the yard. I edged the whole yard. I cleaned up all the excess edging and then I mowed.

After that, I got to work on the hot tub. I had drained it a while back and it was time for a good cleaning. I wish I would have had the pressure washer from last week. That would have been handy.

So now the tub is clean, the yard looks great and I am beat.

We went to dinner at Webster's, a nearby bar that has $5.00 Happy Hour meals all day Sunday. Susan and I each had a beer and a sandwich and we paid $13.00 plus tip.

Now the day is over and I'm going to bed.

No comments: