Friday, May 23, 2014

Next Project

We've started a new project that I think will be completed pretty quickly and for a minimal outlay of cashola.
The flooring at the back door has been bad since we moved in almost ten years ago. It was crappy out carpeting covering a rotting piece of plywood.

I pulled all that up the other and found the original tongue and groove wood flooring that was laid down when the house was built. It's in pretty bad shape as well so...
That had to come up as well.

At this point, I called Handy Phil to come and put down a new, level sub floor. As usual, it's going to be more difficult than expected because we have to jack up the post in order to set a solid foundation for the whole floor.
The other thing I didn't consider is the post at the bottom of that stair rail.
It's pretty much rotted through and needs to be replaced, as you can see from the life-like photographic representation above.

I was hoping to use the flooring I took up from the entry way when we installed the tile but I don't have enough of it to cover the area. That means we'll be shopping for some nice outdoor flooring during the Memorial Weekend.

Susan is continuing her stencil work on the fireplace and is getting ever so much closer to completing the project.

No comments: