Thursday, April 10, 2014

Attack of the River

I have successfully completed my first transit of the Spokane River for the 2014 River Transiting Season.

I arranged with Don at work to get my car down river so it would be waiting for me when I arrived at the bottom.

Don then took me over to the river at Harvard Road where I put in.
The water was pretty chilly when I first stepped in but by the time I got out, I had adjusted. I wasn't worried because my plans were to be on the water, not in it!

The river is running at 15,300 cfs (cubic feet per second). That's about average for this time of year. And it means there are some kick ass fun rapids to ride through.

I put in at 4:40 and I pulled out at about 6. According to my GPS, I traveled about six miles and dropped about 25 feet.

It was the first trip of the year but definitely not the last.
 



Thanks to Don for taking the time to transport me around and for the bulk of these pictures.

No comments: