Thursday, March 27, 2014

Captain Dumb Ass

Thank the Lord for my neighbors, who are looking out for me, which is needed on a daily basis because I made an appearance this afternoon as Captain Dumb Ass Ass Ass Ass.

After having cut up a bunch of pallets a couple weeks ago, We have been enjoying lots of fires in the fireplace. That means lots of fireplace clean up. 

I cleaned out the fireplace after getting home from work and then went on about my other business of sitting around and avoiding doing stuff. I didn't bother to notice that the ashes were still hot when I put them in my garbage can packed full of dry leaves.
Hence the pretty picture.

My neighbor behind me rang the bell and alerted me to the situation. My water faucets were still turned off for the winter so it was a mad dash to find some water. 

Fortunately, it smoldered for a long time but never really took off, which could have been disastrous for the garage.

The garbage can is a total loss. I wonder what the city is going to ding me for that.

Update: March 28th, 2014, 10:05AM: I just got off the phone with the Solid Waste Department and they said they would get a new container out to me on Monday. I took total responsibility for the damaged receptacle but they did not indicate that I would incur a penalty or fee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, that right there is some stupid shit all right. I never do stupid shit like that.