Sunday, March 02, 2014

A Snowy Spokaloo Sunday

I might have to consider writing a song that goes with today's header. It's probably a country song, kind of ballad like.
I have just taken this picture and it is not a clear indication of how much it is snowing right now.

It snowed a couple of inches last night and I didn't get around to clearing it until after church this morning.

So I went out about noon to tackle the snow. As I started up the snow blower, it began to snow again. By the time I finished clearing the driveway and sidewalk, it was coming down pretty good.

And now, three hours later, there's almost an inch on the ground. 

It continues as I write.

We were supposed to paint St Patrick's windows at a nearby Barber Shop today. But they were really busy and the gal who runs the place asked us to come back later.

We are kind of bummed that we didn't get this job out of the way. But I think we are both happy to have sudden unplanned time land in our laps. 

Susan is relaxing with her time. Well deserved, I might add. She had to work hockey the last two nights.

I'm going to try and get another coat of varnish on the mantle.

Let's see how I do!

5:04PM: I just went outside and stuck a tape measure in the snow. It came back cold so it must still be snowing. It has snowed 2 inches since noon.

10:00PM: I have just come in from shoveling a good three inches of snow from the front walk. 

We watched the Academy Awards tonight and it snowed for quite a while. I went out and brushed the snow off the cars and then cleared the front walk way and side walk. I may snow blow in the morning but I have to wait and see what comes down in the next few hours.

As I finished shoveling, a sleety wet snow started to fall. The forecast is calling for rain all week so I don't feel very compelled to get out there and get everything cleared. It will clear itself in a couple of days.

No comments: