Monday, February 03, 2014

Piano Man

I have just finished my weekly piano lesson. I'm not sure I have talked about them much here and since I really don't have anything else to write about, I shall expound now.

I took piano lessons from age 7 to 12. I learned the basics and then forgot them all. I can figure out songs when I have the music but it is long and arduous. I want to learn to sight read better.

I've been taking piano lessons since last Spring. I stopped during the Summer and then picked it up again just before Thanksgiving. 

The big reason I decided to dive in again is that my teacher comes to the house on Mondays after I get off work. Before, I met him at Music City on Saturday afternoons. Breaking up my Saturdays like that was too intrusive. This works out great now.

My instructor is Art Rosenau. He is the organist at church and very very VERY talented.

I'm paying $20.00 for a one hour lesson.

Tonight, I paid $20.00 so Art could sit there and listen to me practice. I didn't sit down at the piano at all this past week. I have to make the effort to sit down and practice as soon as I get home.

I hope to make that happen this week.

No comments: